Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ethiopia Trip Update

Mom and her siblings are doing GREAT! Sunday they went to church with their new friend. They spoke to the congregation and then met with the elders of the parish after church. My Mom got a new compassion child. He is 10 years old and his name is Joseph. He held her hand for about 5 minutes during the church service. Yesterday they went to the Market and had a very interesting experience. Today they went to see Tay and Jemila. My Mom told Tay she will be leaving in a couple days and that Mommy and Daddy will be back to get her in a little while. She really wants her to understand that because they have become close and are used to seeing each other a lot now. When my Mom tells her these things Tay looks at her with those big brown eyes and says "Ishy, ishy." "OK, OK." They watched the video of us about 10 times. She now knows everyone's name in the family and claims us as her brothers, sister, Daddy (no longer Papa), and Mommy!!! :) Jemila just cuddles in and I can't wait to have that little body in my arms. Today the whole crew was having lunch somewhere and my Aunt said, "I really want a salad, but I don't know if I should eat it." The woman next to them said, "Eat it, it's really good!" Ends up that woman is a Mary Kay Sales Director from Colorado Springs. She spends 3 months in Colorado, makes as much money as she can, goes to ET for 3 months to help people, goes back to Colorado to make money, goes to the Philippines to help people, and does it all over again. Cool! Then they met the wife of the ambassador to Belgium. She invited them to a food bank tomorrow she is opening. My Mom told my Dad today that leaving in a couple days will be bittersweet. She said she loves the country and the people. I feel so blessed to have this experience in our family for my girls.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sounds like your mom is doing great! Can't wait for you to be there with your girls!!!!

btw, my sister mentioned her growing prayer list, since we are waiting for Maya's big sis again :(...she said about praying for Sweet T and her dad...then she added"I can't remember her name but I still pray for 'She is seen'," referring to Tay. I thought that would warm your heart :)